Brisbane Blocked Drains | Opt For A Profesional
Having a Brisbane blocked drain is not only annoying but also poses real health risks. A blocked drain can cause flooding, damage to structures, and contamination. Resulting in expensive repair costs. When faced with blocked drains in Brisbane, most home owners resort to using commercial drain cleaners. Not realising, they do more harm than good for their plumbing. These cleaners do not provide long-term solutions, meaning you can expect the same problem after a short while.
What are the problems associated with using commercial drain cleaners?
Although commercial drain cleaners may seem like a simple and affordable solution for your blocked drains in Brisbane. They are a bad idea. 3 reasons why you should reconsider using commercial drain cleaners on your blocked drains Brisbane:
• Ineffective – Most of the commercial drain cleaners found in the market today are ineffective at removing obstructions from drains. Most of them only end up dissolving part of the clog, providing a temporary solution. The crystal type of chemical cleaners can solidify, therefore creating a another blockage.
• Damaging to your plumbing – Some of the chemicals found in these cleaners like hydrochloric acid are too strong and corrosive to the extent of damaging your metal and PVC plumbing. They may also damage the rubber washers and other material intended to keep your pipes sealed.
• Toxic – Commercial drain cleaners are laden with basic solvents, acid among other caustic substances. Some of these ingredients can be extremely dangerous if they come into contact with your eyes or skin, or when swallowed.
What Can Cause a Blocked Pipe?
- Tree roots #1 culprit
- Kids toys or other foreign objects
- Baby wipes
- Cotton tips and cotton balls
- Ladies hygiene products
- Aged and/or deteriorated condition of the pipe
How Do I Know If I Have Brisbane Blocked Drains?
- Water fills up the toilet then recedes slowly.
- Outside drainage may overflow
- Bad smells from overflow and or sinks
- Water recedes slowly from sinks
- Blocked shower drains
- Visible effluent
How Much Damage Can Tree Roots Cause?
If you suspect tree roots as the cause of your blocked drain then you need to call a plumber. Tree roots in your pipes can cause considerable damage to your stormwater and sewer systems. A broken sewer system is cause for unsanitary conditions and therefore a health concern to your family and environment. To keep your family safe, call us now to have an inspection.
What CCTV Drain Camera Do You Use?
We use the RIGID rM200 Camera System which combines portability and versatility to make your drain inspections easy and efficient.
A camera inspection is included as standard when we do a drain clean. By doing so, we can give you a diagnosis about the cause and vital information on how to rectifying the problem. This will save you time and money for further problems in the future. Akins Plumbing are commitment to quality services and doing the right thing by our customers.
Once the drain has been cleaned by the water jetter the camera is inserted into the pipe. It has a measurement guide to allow us to pinpoint where the pipe is damaged if any has occurred at all.
Images will be provided to show you what the SeeSnake Camera System has picked up on.
If there are damages, a quote will be created to complete the repairs to the pipework.
Avoid putting caustic soda or harsh chemicals down your drains. Not only will it damage your plumbing even more so, its bad for the environment and humans alike.
Protect Your Plumbing with Professional Brisbane Blocked Drains Services
When your homes drains block, it is highly recommended that you seek the services of a professional plumbing company like Akins Plumbing. We can help you by providing prompt and efficient services to resolve the problem immediately before it gets out of hand. To make sure we solve the problem right the first time, our Brisbane blocked drains services are grouped into 4 main sections;
Inspection – Whenever we are called for issues with blocked drains in Brisbane, our highly trained plumbers start by thoroughly inspecting your entire plumbing system for the cause of the blockage. They start from the top floor of your household, checking the drains in all bathrooms, all the way to the kitchen, to determine which parts of your drainage system are blocked.
This inspection allows our plumbers to confidently assess your blocked drain and provide a targeted solution that is tailored to meet your needs. From simple plunging techniques to large-scale sewer repairs, we have the technology and experience needed to resolve the problem fast.
Report – Once assessed, we will draft a report and explain the problems discovered about your drainage. With this we will create a solution. Our plumbers take the time to answer all the questions that you might have and offer recommendations on repairs.
Quote – Once all questions are answered and you are satisfied we issue detailed quote outlining the scope of work and costs involved.
Repairs – Once agreed, we will then complete the work. We use only the latest, state of the art techniques and equipment to make sure the cause of your blocked drains Brisbane is eliminated once and for all to leave your system running efficiently.